Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Typical Wednesday's

When you are an unemployed student/single-parent, the days will eventually muddle together, and weekends only matter if you are trying to avoid the movie theater. Us? Well, my son and I are mid-typical Wednesday right now. Today started with reading books to my son, dancing around to Dora the Explorer, and cleaning...lots of cleaning. My son, turned two at the end of last month, and he rips through our house like the Tazmanian Devil...working on remedying this, amongst other things. Some great things that we get to do in this wonderful Florida heat would be swimming. I would love for my son to be able to swim by the end of the swim season (about six months away). The beautiful thing about him being in the water is that he is not scared. He tries to wiggle out of my arms because he thinks he can swim without assistance. If I had some disposable income, I would love nothing more than to go through the infant swim lessons with my son. He loves the water, and that's a great sign, because we will probably be spending a lot of time at the pool because it's close, it's free, and it's fun.

I am waiting on either a call or an email to find out exactly what the price is, and I will see if I can afford to get that into the small budget that we have. I am fearful that the middle class is disappearing, and we are going to be left with a large number of under-funded families, and few families that are abundant in supply. I hope that is not the case, and that the economy starts to level off again to some type of normality. I am trying to stay positive, and am thanking my lucky stars that I am able to keep pushing forward for my degree. I figure, even if we have to do without now, I am sure that I will be able to get a great job once I have the paid-in-full degree :-)

Well here's to wishful thinking, and staying positive even when times are not easy. I hope that everyone is able to find something they love to do, and can find the time to do it. There is only one way to go...UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment