Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Day After Easter!

It has been quite a busy end to this week. It has been a very family member filled weekend. I had my little sister and her boyfriend over Saturday and Sunday, and we finally had some time to catch up with one another. Yesterday, we all went to my Step-dad's house to see his family that was in town...and my God, these kids are no longer kids...it's mind blowing. But I feel very blessed to have seen them all, and get the time to visit.

Other than that, I am working on getting all of my school work completed on time. I am taking (3) three-credit courses in the second half of the term, so they are condensed and super hard. I am keeping up, and nothing has been late, and grades have been good. It is a grind, but worth it. Working too many hours has always made me put school on the back burner. Now that I am a mom, I have felt the desire again to get this part of my life done, and now that I am unemployed, what better time? I am taking as many classes as possible online so that I can have my son home with me. He has never been to school or daycare, since he  is only two, so I like having him with me. I have looked into a really nice school close to home, but it's $210.00 per week (worth every penny, in my humble opinion), and I do not have it at this point. As soon as I do, I want to try out the 3 days/week @ $170.00.

And the juggling act continues...but I have definitely caught my stride, and I am looking forward to whatever life has to throw at me. As long as I get to have as much time as possible with my son, get time for my family, get to hang out with my sister, and can keep my house together, I think that I am doing good. I sometimes miss having time to hang out with friends, or going out with them, but in the grand scheme of things, I think this is better. Why pretend I have the time or money to throw around when I just don't? I am positive that my friends know I miss and love them, but the show must go on, and when the time comes, we son't miss a beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment